Imagine yourself as a teenager again. What is the one thing you want to get out of church? Well, I sure know what everyone around me wanted me to get out of it. A factual knowledge that would carry through the rest of my life. I should be able to argue anyone into submission, helping them to understand that my way is right, that I've found the truth. As I have been removed from that time of my life for over six years, I want something a little different. I also get the feeling from working with our youth group at church, so do they. What do I want? What do they want? I think it's the same thing. I strongly believe that church kids want to live as Christ did, out of their comfort zone, yet we are too busy "telling" them how they should live that life rather than "living" out that life along with them. I can remember not being too aware of the world around me as a teenager, but I wanted to do something that made a difference in someone's life. I just didn't know where to look. So, let's get kids involoved in the heart of Christ's work. Let's stop telling them how to live and go live with them in the life Christ lived.
"Whenever you do any of this to the least of these, you do it for me." Jesus Christ.

0 comments: