It's been a while. Time to think about what exactly God is working on in our lives. And after almost three weeks, I still have absolutely no idea. All I know is, He has given us the gift of "American poverty." By that I mean, living paycheck to paycheck, we have enough money to pay most of our bills each month, and sometimes a little bit left over to buy a few essentials at the grocery store. And I say a gift, because too long we have wallowed around in our own self pity over this "huge burden" we are carrying. Frankly, we have a warm house, (with the fire going as I write) clothes on our back, food to eat (most of the time...), and my undying, unwavering love for my wife. I'm not sure if strife points us to something here on earth or is intended to direct our focus up to heaven. For me, it's hard not to think of heaven, just longing for the day when Christ shall return.

2 comments:

Guatorean Daddy said...

I've enjoyed reading your insights.

Heather said...

Logan and Katie,

You two are amazing and full of such love. We've been praying for you, and hope the blessings will keep on falling upon you.

Love,
HM & SM