It's been close to a week and we are pretty close to being back to normal. If normal means two hour shots of sleep every couple hours is normal, I guess we're there. Hank's two hernias were repaired a week ago Friday. Without question, it was the most difficult day of our lives. I cannot explain how hard it was to watch our 2 month old little boy screaming and writhing in pain until each breath was completely consumed, just to begin again after inhaling enough to start the process over. 5 hours of gut wrenching screams were enough. We left him to my parents and found ourselves in a small waiting area sobbing uncontrolably because we can't do a thing for him. I guess we have experienced just a small piece of what God saw when he looked down to see His only son cowering under the roman whip.

It seems to make my Savior a little bit more real...

0 comments: