Wow, it's only been two weeks since the last post. I'm really getting the hang of this blogging thing...haha.

It's funny how drastically the direction of your life can change. One minute we're finishing a 1.5 million dollar home, and the next minute we're out of work for almost six months. I just have to smile when out of nowhere, God says, "hey, it's time for ya'll to be back in ministry."

God's timing is hardly ever in step with ours. No complaints from our end. If it was up to us, we'd just do what is easiest, or what we're most comfortable with, or even what is paying the most money.

However, I'm starting to feel more and more like Paul when he said, in essence, "I love preaching the gospel and getting paid for it, but I don't care if I get paid or not, I'll preach the gospel anyway."

That's who we want to be and that's who we are striving to be at this transitional time in our lives... So, we'll just wait and see what God has in store for us.

2 comments:

Allison said...

So I am getting a glimpse into the news you were alluding to in your e-mail. I'm glad you are both excited and happy to follow God's leading. We will love to hear more info when you get a chance.

Heather said...

Hey wait up....which ministry??

We're catching that vibe too with the about to be newly named "Marriage and Family" ministry.

We need to get together again....soon - kay?

And Allison, hi - I didn't want to freak you out over at your blog, but you know me - come on over to mine and you'll figure it out, I think. I also am somewhat weird about internet info.