Again, I'm amazed at how small the world is. I know my parents were in the "A" group but, it is simply amazing how many people they really know. Sometimes, I just have to sit, sigh and ponder how my parents were, are and always will be "cooler" than I am. Randy, I'll let them know you said hello.

Now, I wonder...How in the world do we meet people where they are in life. Honestly, one of my pet pieves (spelling?...) is "jamming" the gospel down someone's throat until they relent and give in, or run in fear. I have a couple high school buddies who are immersed in a life of this world. My wife and I have made it a point that we will only live the life Jesus lived, and if and when God chooses to touch their hearts, we pray every day that we are there to attempt to answer any questions that come up. Or at our church building for instance. What would happen if we offered a free meal every sunday afternoon without a disclaimer saying, "if you eat this meal, you must attend our services and participate in 10 exegetical Bible studies per week?" Just more food for thought...

1 comments:

kimberlyb said...

Hey Logan. This is Kimberly from the Alaska SBC. I found the link to your blog from Mike Cope's blog. Congragulations to you and your wife. I think the first step to meeting people where they are is to just set a good Christian example. It seems simple, but if you just keep shoving the Bible at them, they are likely to leave. For example, I have become good friends with one girl that was a Christian, but because of all the "pressure" on her from the church, she left. She now is leading a more wordly life and says that she does not believe in God. I'm just trying to be a good Christian example to her. This may be a small thing, but it is can impact people. As far as the free meal, I'm not exactly sure about that. That works for college students, but people are skeptical about anything free. Those are just some of my thoughts.