On this, the first day of the American work week, as I sit waiting for my work pants to dry, I'm thinking about a conversation I've been having over email with my brother-in-law. He is nearly finished with his master's work at ACU, with the intent of preaching when he's done, and I, well, I've got a youth ministry degree with a blank slate in the preaching department. As I listened to a couple of his sermons, I thought to myself, is there any way for us to get away from cosntantly preaching about the evil's of this world and simply preach Jesus? Am I way off base here, or is this concept within our grasp? Just thinking out loud I guess...

-now, these experiences are a part of my own life, and I realize I may have a very limited view of what is happening elsewhere in the family of God.

1 comments:

Randy said...

Logan,
Yes, it is possible just to preach Jesus! I try to do it every Sunday. Jesus promised that if we would lift him up - he would draw all men.
Just wanted you to know that your parents are people I deeply admire. I was the youth minister at Meadowlark back in the dark ages.
I love your focus on Jesus! Fix you eyes on Him! You're on the right track. I would love to hear more about your ministry ideas there in Ft. Collins.
Tell your folks hello for me. Randy Clay, Salt Lake City