As I make my third post in a year, it's funny how small our world is becoming with this grand invention called, The Internet... Kent Brantly, great to hear from you! Life up here in Colorado is wonderful! Even though we don't have any money to do anything fun...Katie and I are beginning our third year of marriage. She is working on her six month of pregnancy with a little boy rolling around inside her. Life has been good and God has definately alive and well in our lives helping us to get by every month.
And Brent, I do remember you. You should have stayed with us on Mt. Massive. We summited 20 min. after you turned back. Are you still in Amarillo? I remember seeing you one Sunday morning visiting your church with a friend. Milt is doing great! He is now in India travelling with a missionary our church has supported for over 20 years. I know God is molding him and shaping him and he'll return a different person.

One a side note, have you every read God's word as if it was the first time? Right now I'm working through the book of Mark with the teens at our church. I told them at our first meeting, let's read this book a little differently than we usually do. I don't simply want to "read the Bible" as we have always done. Imagine you are one of the gentiles receiving this manuscript for the first time. Now, tell me what you think. We have only been going for a little over two weeks, but we have had some of the most wonderfully, enlightening conversation about what is happening in Mark. I feel we all should be reading this amazing love story, the Bible, as if it was the first time to do so.

Maybe that's what it means to be like a child...to experience the joy of reading a story for the first time...

1 comments:

qb said...

Yer killin' me, Logan. I bailed off of the S ridge of Massive because I was supposed to pinch-hit the next day in a fellow's Bible class; after all that, I got back to Amarillo to find that he didn't have to go out of town after all, and I needn't have hustled back.

What you've got in mind altitude- and people-wise (Trek, and all that) is good stuff. I'm going to keep my eye on what you're doing. Last year I dragged a couple of men from our church in Amarillo up the Notch Mountain route on Holy Cross, and they got the bug badly even though we couldn't summit because of the weather. We had just worked our way through Waking the Dead together, and the altitude and solitude just gave us a great chance to drive some things home about the importance of basic spiritual disciplines, the need to rest in God, the need to cease striving all the time.

Keep your blog refreshed with how your heart-thinking develops in this direction, Logan...sometimes I wish I could just pitch all this that I'm doing and get down to the serious business of soul rescue.

qb