Mike Cope has a great blog this morning from Rubel Schelly. Funny how things hit close to home when they really need to...

Some very good friends of ours are caught in the vices of a terrible trap laid by satan. I'm not sure why he decides to go after families, but he'll get what's coming to him. We've got God on our side and He is playing for their team too, so I'm not worried.

However, for some reason, one of the parties involved has come to believe that perception is reality. Truth has been impossible to tell the other. One acts because the other "made me."

What has happened to taking responsiblity? What has happened to honesty? Where in the world did we get the idea that our main purpose in life is to protect numero uno? That is certainly not a Biblical view of life. The word selfless seems to pop in my head more and more...

Did Christ die for us to live as we please? Did God make such a sacrifice for us to toss it back in His face? Who do we think we are?

1 comments:

Heather said...

Haven't checked out Mike's blog yet, but I hear you on the friends. It's hard to watch, huh? We support people need support too, it would seem. (hugs)

I have a church related post on my blog today, and would love to hear your thoughts:
http://redheaded-step-child.blogspot.com/2006/04/thoughts-about-church.html