What does it mean to be prideful? Could we have pride in our high position? Do we take pride in the fact that we have "figured everything out?" Do we take pride in knowing that someone is without a doubt, preaching false doctrine? Do we take pride in knowing that we have "found the truth?"

Maybe it's possible to have pride in our low position. Are we prideful in thinking that "it's a good thing I'm aware of grace. It's a good thing I'm not way over on the right wing or I'm not over on the left wing. I'm so glad I have figured out exactly what grace is..."

I guess sometimes, probably more often than not, Christ calls us to swallow our pride, no matter what flavor, and follow His lead. We don't know all the answers. We probably never will. There are other people who are probably right, and sometimes, they could be wrong and I'm write. But, I guarantee, I am NEVER always right.

Pride is not selective in how it infects our lives. It will creep in wherever it can. So, keep an eye out...

For more on this topic, check out the Highland Church of Christ podcast, a sermon taught by Mike Cope entitled, Humility in a World of Trash Talking. Good stuff...

0 comments: