Growing

It should be interesting to come back to this blog after a couple years to see how I've changed.  Some things will be obvious, such as the name, pretty clever I must say (I'll explain a bit more about that one later).

I've also intentionally left all my previous posts here mostly for the humor of how drastically one person can change his opinions.  And honestly, I'm not sure it's that I've necessarily changed my opinions; it would be more accurate to say that I've grown in my understanding of life.  It seems odd to say it, but I've spent quite a bit of time over the past couple years engaging my mind, using my brain.  But, considering where I cam from, it's a pretty major leap.

So, this post will function as a re-introduction of sorts.  This blog will probably become the place where my alter-ego has a chance to come out of hiding.  To catch a glimpse into my discussions and struggles with organized religion, feel free to visit vineliving.wordpress.com.  This will probably be the place where I am able to unpack thoughts of a more holistic, intentional lifestyle that is moving away from organized religion and theism.

Thus, the name.  Mountains and Tofu.  It is in the mountains that I find a sense of mysticism and wonder that seems to reach beyond reason.  That said, I'll explore some of those mystical components alongside a life of health and purity.  It's here that Tofu enters the conversation.  Life must be more than consumption and plunder.  What happens when we choose to eat a certain way, choose certain types of transport over others and so on?  What does life look like when out purpose for living is to make this world a better place, not just for me, but for my family, extended family, my community, city and nation.  I'm interested in exploring what it means for think beyond self.

In a nutshell, that's what we'll see here, for those very few who actually spend time reading...

0 comments: